I am back today with our winter beverage station. One of my goals for 2018 is to take a better care of my health and setting up a tea beverage station is one step towards this goal.
Many cultures around the world have tea traditions and ceremonies and it is fascinating to read about them. Ancient civilizations were drinking tea to treat illnesses, to aid digestion, to help with nervous disorders, as an antidote to poison, to stimulate creativity, to enhance longevity, etc. Today, tea is the world’s most popular beverage after water. There are so many health benefits attributed to drinking tea and I am committed to making it a daily ritual of mine this winter.
Here is a great tea recipe that will warm your body inside and out this winter:
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- Star anise
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- Milk to taste
- Heat the water in a medium pot.
- Add ginger, star anise, cardamom seeds, and cinnamon sticks to the warming water.
- Cover the pot and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and add 1 teaspoon of molasses in each cup and milk to taste.
For more inspiration, please visit my Tea Time Pinterest Board.
Greetings from Kingsbury Brook Farm!
Sharing at these parties!