Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal is a dish I like to eat all year long. It is healthy, nourishing and fulfilling. It also tastes like dessert even with only 1 tablespoon of sweetener per serving. I like to top my bowl of oatmeal with fruits that are in season. Right now, our fields are filled with blackberries.
Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal:
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup of milk, plus extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 cup of blackberries or other seasonal fruit
- fresh mint leaves (optional)
Combine oats and milk in a pot over medium-low heat. Simmer and stir until the oats reach your desired texture and consistency. Remove the pot from heat and stir in peanut butter, cacao powder, maple syrup, chia and flax seeds, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and extra milk. Top with fresh fruit and mint leaves.
Yield: 2 servings
I hope you give this recipe a try and remember that the secret for delicious creamy oatmeal is to cook it in milk, not water!
Greetings from Kingsbury Brook Farm!